Skip to content

How to Upgrade Your Facebook Marketing in 2022

How to Upgrade Your Facebook Marketing in 2022

With over 1.79 billion active daily users, Facebook (i.e. Meta) is the most popular social media application on the planet.

The average person checks Facebook 13.8 times a day. This means your business has exactly 13.8 opportunities to market your product or service to a single person in any 24-hour period using Facebook alone.

In 2022, the rules for marketing on Facebook have changed. For example, algorithms prefer non-sponsored content, audience’s attention spans have diminished, and businesses are becoming increasingly competitive as they fight for their customer’s engagement. 

Here are five ways you can crack the code and successfully market your business using Facebook in 2022.

1. Establish your goals.

You don’t want to set your business up on Facebook with zero plan of what you’re hoping to accomplish. Businesses can utilize Facebook in a variety of ways. For instance, lead generation, targeted ads, and customer service support. Ask yourself what you want to focus on specifically.

Tools like Facebook Messenger allow you to open a line of communication with your customers, send automated replies, and link page chatbots with direct messaging. Others, like Ad Center, allow you to build and track custom ad campaigns. It will use data about race, gender, income, and location.
Has your Facebook page has been public for a period of time? Then you’ll have the opportunity to view your Facebook Audience insights. Learn more about page views, click-through rates, conversion rates and more — all without needing to add an external analytics widget.

2. Develop an understanding of your audience.

Facebook is designed for relationship building. Therefore, getting to know your audience should be an active part of your social media strategy. 

A good rule of thumb when posting online is the 70/30 rule. 70% of the time, you are giving something away to your audience. Such as information, deals, feel-good quotes, brand updates, etc. The other 30% of the time, you are making an ask. Promotional material, seasonal items, new products, and paid ads all fall under this category.

Once you understand what your audience is looking for and what they respond to, you can begin honing your approach and delivering content that is in high demand.

3. Use photos and videos whenever possible.

The power of pictures and videos in marketing can’t be talked about enough. Online posts with pictures have a 94% click-through rate. 60% of customers say they are more likely to click on an ad or if it includes a picture.

With the average person now exposed to more than 10,000 marketing messages a day, you cannot afford to miss a beat when it comes to advertising.

Pair every single one of your Facebook posts with an image, and carefully select your ads to include high-resolution images that pop against the page. In a matter of seconds, a customer will choose whether to stop and read your words or continue scrolling through. Give them a reason to pause.

4. Drive engagement with engagement.

Engagement on posts is one of the ways the Facebook algorithm gods decide whether to boost a post or bury it. The simplest way to give yourself a leg up is by creating genuinely engaging content, and then sticking around to respond to user comments.

You can start a conversation on a post by asking a question, creating a poll, encouraging users to drop a series of emojis, or inspiring a GIF war. Then, reply to every comment in the voice of your brand. Facebook will read the engagement as interest and increase your page’s visibility without you having to spend a dime.

5. Measure your impact.

Facebook allows you to track the behaviors of your followers in a variety of ways — some simple, some advanced. Both are helpful in measuring your impact and refining your social media strategy.

Facebook Insights allows you to drill down on the age range of your customers, their location and gender, and even sort users by job or relationship status. It’s recommended to review your strategy and analytics regularly, in order to continue revising and improving your marketing plan to match the customer profile of your page. 
Facebook allows users to export data at any time using CSV or Excel, making it effortless to catalog growth month over month and keep your finger on the pulse of customer behavior – month after month, year after year.

Watch on YouTube.

At Goalpost Group, we help our clients break the cycle of bad marketing using strategy, structure, and killer content that drives sales and wins the day. Get in touch with a member of our team to learn more about how we can help transform your marketing.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.